Saturday, December 26, 2009

So Babies Actually SLEEP?


I was convinced babies didn't really sleep, at least not alone, unattached to mommy... See, Angelina never slept during the day unless she was ON me, attached in some way (to the boob, in the sling, laying on my chest). At night I could put her down, but only because I lay(lie?) right next to her, with her attached to me most of the night.

People talked about babies who Sleep Through The Night (STTN), or about how babies "sleep all the time." I just assumed that was a myth.

And then Lenaïc was born. Now, he doesn't STTN, and his days and nights are a bit mixed up still. But he does actually sleep when NOT attached to me. I can put him down, and he sleeps! Wow! I am in shock!

Of course, that doesn't mean any extra time for me, as a certain 3.5 yr old Hurricane is still running about the house, requiring mommy's attention....

2 comments:

Trudi said...

Not sure if I believe you about the sleeping...(I have PTSD from Skylar's screaming, fussing, back-arching, first four months of life. But he does appear to be sleeping in these pictures, and he is absolutely adorable.

Cherise said...

Trudi, we still have that from Angelina....

 
eXTReMe Tracker