Sunday, June 03, 2007

New beginnings for Mommy


Another new start for me. Now that Mommyhood is here (and wifedom too), no more world wanderings for me. I confess I miss traipsing off to tropical jungles, but I happen to like being with the husband and kid too :). A couple of years ago I moved from working on international infectious diseases to those a bit more local, with the local health department. Now I get to broaden my horizons a bit. It's not quite international, but one element is. I've been offered a new opportunity with the state health department, a regional office based here in San Antonio, but covering 29 counties, including a number of border counties. That means I get to do some work
on the US-Mexico border. Not the same as the Thai-Burma border, but it'll do.

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker