Sunday, May 01, 2011

Dog Days of Summer....April in Texas

There's nothing like sharing a paleta with a friend.



A paleta is a "Latin American ice pop, usually made from fresh fruit." Angelina, of course, chooses chocolate. My favourites are mango and papaya but they have cream, so Lenaïc and I now settle for watermelon, or sandia.

One of the true joys of a San Antonio Summer is the Paleta man cycling by, tinkling his little bell. We have a favourite guy - he used to be here all the time, then disappeared for a few years. Now he's back, remembers us, stopped by to say hi. I guess we were good customers. He speaks no English and my Spanish leaves a lot to be desired, be we managed to communicate. He knew us well when I was still pregnant with Angelina, so it was fun to see his face when he saw the almost 5 yr old running about.

Lenaïc got his first taste, and liked it.

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker